Mt Wellington Swim Club are looking for a talented new Development Swim Coach.... are you looking to give back to the next generation of swimmers coming through the development stages?
As a Swim Coach you will be committed to encouraging participation in our Swim Program with a focus on our Squad delivery - encouraging swimmers to achieve both competitively and in ongoing participation and enjoyment in the water.
This role is a part of the wider Swim Program Team. Working collaboratively with the Performance squad that the club provides. The goal is increasing overall participation and working in together for the overall development pathway of the swimmers.
We're seeking a dynamic and driven individual for this part-time opportunity based at the Panmure Lagoon Pools. Indoor facilities for both land training and swim training with the use of the outdoor pool in the warmer months. Get the best of both worlds in your training plans with the combination of a 33 meter and a 50 metre pool.
Who are we looking for?
The successful person will have experience and qualifications in swim coaching and teaching or be willing to achieve these. Your friendly and helpful service will help maximise swimmer learning and enjoyment.
Training for the Development Squad is as follows:
Mon to Fri 4.30pm to 6pmSun 9.30am to 11am
Drawing on your experience and expertise in this area, you will also bring:
- Experience in delivering a high level of customer service
- Technical swimming skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to use computer-based work systems
- Passion for working within a community focused centre
- Current First Aid certificate and Lifeguard qualification is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and build upon working relationships effective
- Experience in the recreation industry would be an advantage